12 September, 2008

A new website with SilverStripe

Today 12th September 2008 I finished working on a media centre website at my office. I had a good time with it :) as I got permission to use my favorite CMS SilverStripe for that.

The website is http://staysure.co.uk/mediacentre/ have a look, You will feel that SilverStripe can cater most of your website needs after looking at it.

The most important thing it that I found some good hacks for the TinyMCE editor that they have used there.

1) I needed to add javascripts to some of the pages.
2) I needed to take off validating html on the TinyMCE but the SilverStripe editor doesn't allow me to do it.

For these two things what I did was to hang around the javascript which controls the TinyMCE.

/cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js

In that file you can find some useful things.
1) the html tags which are allowed in the editor that can be controlled by the directive valid_elements which you can find at the line 43.

2) Validating HTML can be disabled with the verify_html directive at line 42 there.

I thought that these tips will be useful for you.

Give a try ;).

No comments: