14 December, 2008

List Style Image not working with IE

I found another crappy issue with IE, the CSS list-style-image doesn't work with IE.

After spending 10, 15 minutes on the internet searching for some hack I found that this is an issue everyone are experiencing, unfortunately I was not able to find any hack.

Now I thought of some thing by my self, what I did was add the image I needed as the background, then add some padding to make sure the list content doesnt not overlap with the image.

Now my code is something like the following,

#Navigation ul li{
float:left;
background:url(../images/nav-bullet.gif) left no-repeat;
list-style:none;
list-style-type:none;
width:auto;
padding:0px 8px;
}

This worked for me, but not the right code I needed, if you got into the same problem try this.

No comments: