19 February, 2009

Have you tried to merge your twitter account with your SilverStripe website

Have you tried that? If you have you might have definitely used the Twitter Status Widget which can downloaded from the SilverStripe.org. Now that is something cool you can add your recent Twitter status messages on any web page of your SilverStripe website. So whats about this post anyway? Ah yeah I forgot I was just talking nothing, okay this is what I need to tell anyway,

I developed a twitter module for SilverStripe Open Source CMS which is still in its development and testing age, you can find the a demo of it if you follow this link. Now let me explain a little about the module till I write a proper user manual and a documentation.

This module helps you to add your twitter messages on your website, you can embed your firends messages (just what you see when you go to your twitter home page), the public status messages to the website, as well as your Followers.

How will this help me? okay if you havent heard anything about twitter or twitter on your website, I'd ask you to have a look at http://twitter.com. For me it is a place where I can build a nice community, and to get myself introduced to a lot of people. So all this I can find on twitter, but not on my own site. What I am trying to achieve with the Twitter module is that to display what we talk on my SilverStripe website, it can be about business, arts, music anything I believe.

Have a look, I'd also like to hear your ideas about this new addition to SilverStripe. Welcome make your comments here.

No comments: